We encourage faculty, academic professionals and veteran teaching assistants to become involved in the teaching development of campus instructors by
- responding to the Call for Presenters and Facilitators for the pre-semester teaching development programs for new TAs and ITAs—the Graduate Academy for College Teaching and the Graduate Symposium on Grading & Office Hours (both are offered in August and January)
- responding to the Call for Presenters for the annual Faculty Retreat
- notifying CITL of teaching workshops or seminars occurring in individual departments or schools at Illinois
- proposing a topic for a CITL teaching workshop or suggesting a book for a CITL reading group
- collaborating with a CITL staff member to facilitate a teaching workshop or reading group
- suggesting materials or links for our webpage.
Faculty and staff may also sign up for our listservs to collaborate with peers and receive information about our various offerings:
- For information about CITL’s certificate programs, teaching workshops and events, sign up for CITL’s listserv, a one-way e-mail list for keeping you informed about our exciting instructional offerings. To join the listserv, send an e-mail message (must be from your University of Illinois address) to email@example.com, and in the body of the message write only the following: subscribe CITL.
- To receive occasional announcements about service-learning opportunities on campus, sign up for the ENGAGEDILLINOIS-L listserv. Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the body of the message type "subscribe ENGAGEDILLINOIS-L".
- Receive news and announcements about funding opportunities and learn more about the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning with the SoTL listserv. To join, send a message to email@example.com with the following text in the body of the message: "subscribe SOTL-L"