STATISTICS, DATA, AND SURVEY RESEARCH CONSULTANT
Applications are now being accepted for a 50% position for the ACY 2021-22. Graduate RA positions with tuition waivers are given to students whose college or department makes arrangements with CITL . All other positions will be hourly.
Each year, graduate students from a variety of colleges come to our group for training and employment.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
(1) Being in at least your second year of graduate study (may include previous work experience in a similar field, and study at other institutions)
(2) Having completed a two-semester sequence of graduate-level statistics courses
(3) Working knowledge of at least one statistics (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R, etc.) computer program
(4) Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
(5) Ability to work in a team environment
(6) Teaching experience
(7) Having successfully passed the English Proficiency Interview (EPI) or SPEAK test, if applicable
(1) 15 hours per week scheduled
(2) One-hour weekly consultant meetings
(3) Four hours weekly for research, training, and preparation for clients
(4) Teaching three to five two-hour workshops per semester
Statistics, data, and survey consultants' main priority is to support quantitative instruction and research. CITL consultants are available to students, faculty, and staff for drop-in consulting during the week. In addition to one-on-one consulting, consultants are also assigned to develop new workshops and work on survey research projects. Specific duties may include:
(1) Giving hands-on demonstrations of software to students and faculty
(2) Writing documentation to accompany software demonstrations
(3) Assisting clients with the creation and implementation of surveys
(4) Managing and documenting client requests through a ticket system
CITL teaches eight to twelve workshops per semester covering a range of topics from introductions to specific computer programs to more advanced topics. Consultants are responsible for maintaining the documentation, teaching, and administering these workshops in the early evenings.
YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE at: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/1546376/CITL-Grad-Application
Thank you for your interest in a graduate consultant position with CITL. If your application meets our qualifications, I will be in touch with you to set up an interview. If you have any questions about this application process, please contact me at email@example.com.
Maryalice S. Wu
Director, Data Analytics
Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL)
Adj. Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign