At Illinois, we understand that today’s learners want and need options for their education and we are leading the way in innovative higher education delivery modalities. From high school students to residential students to working professionals to life-long learners, Illinois Online offers an extensive range of online academic options to students around the globe, including 75+ online degree, certificate and endorsement programs and 800+ online courses.
Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning (CITL) and Illinois Online
In addition to providing instructional design, development and program support services to Illinois’ academic partners, CITL also champions online study at Illinois and provides a range of enrollment and support services to students interested in taking online or off-site courses. Supporting the land-grant mission of the University, CITL works with academic partners to reach and connect students from every corner of the world to an Illinois education. It is not a requirement to be formally admitted to a degree program to take courses at Illinois. For many students, working through CITL offers opportunity to explore courses and programs (credit or non-credit) and establish history with the University prior to making a full commitment to a degree or certificate program.
CITL Provides Online and/or Off-Campus Learning Support Services to:
- High school students interested in pursuing online math programs (NetMath)
- Community college students (ACES Access, Engineering Pathways)
- Undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled at another university who want to take an online course.
- Prospective transfer students not yet admitted into a degree program
- Working professionals who want or need professional development or certification
- University of Illinois Alumni interested in continuing education
- Anyone interested in earning an undergraduate or graduate certificate
- Anyone interested in taking a class for fun or lifelong learning
- Corporations, school districts or agencies interested in a custom cohort program for online or off-site courses, certificates or degree programs.
In addition, CITL collaborates with academic partners to plan, promote and execute the summer online and winter online terms.