CITL Physical Office Closed
The main CITL physical office will be closed until further notice. CITL staff are still available to help: you may send an email email@example.com. For assistance specific to transitioning to online instruction, visit thecontinuity of instruction web page.
CITL Teaching Certificate Program Updates
The deadline to submit applications for a CITL teaching certificate is April 15. With instruction and CITL consultation moving online, here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you still need to get your class observed for a certificate, we can still conduct an observation of your online instruction, however you plan to do it. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an observation.
- You may not be able to submit your application in person or through campus mail by April 15. You may instead email your completed applications to Lucas Anderson at email@example.com. You will need to scan your completed application and attach it to the email, and also attach as separate files any other required documents, such as reflective essays, examples of original work, or a teaching philosophy statement.
- If you are missing any signatures of CITL staff on your application, you may submit the otherwise completed application and we can provide signatures upon receipt of your application.
- If someone outside of CITL helped you complete a requirement, such as a faculty member observing your class, and you did not get their signature on your application, ask that person to email Lucas affirming they helped you complete the requirement.
- With regret, we will not be holding our annual certificate awards ceremony. We will devise a way to get your certificates to you, but we won't have specifics to share until closer to May.
Draft List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent
The Draft List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent for Fall 2019 continues to be available at go.illinois.edu/lotrae. However, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the final list will not appear in The Daily Illini on April 2 as originally announced. The final corrected version will still be available at the above URL on this date. If your course is missing, check your instructor report against the criteria in the draft list. At least five students must have completed relevant item(s) and you must have filled in the relevant release bubble on the Faculty Request Form. For questions or corrections, email firstname.lastname@example.org call 244-3846.
IFLEX TA Monthly Gathering: Spring Semester Suprises
If you're anything like the rest of us, I'm willing to bet that your semester hasn't unfolded quite the way you expected. At the next meeting, we’re hosting a casual chat on Zoom for graduate instructors and teaching assistants about our challenges and triumphs as we move our teaching online. Does the new format encourage different types of learning than the work you'd originally planned? How have you shifted your approaches and expectations as a result of this change? Wins, losses, fears, and exasperations are all welcome at this informal discussion.
The Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning hosts this series of IFLEX Monthly Gatherings on the third Wednesdays of the month from 4 - 5 p.m. Invite a friend or two, and ask questions, get ideas, or just hang out. E-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Sponsor: Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning
Date: Wed. Apr. 15, 4:00 – 5:00pm