University of Illinois
Extra Help – Media Communications Specialist
The Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning is looking for an Extra Help – Media Communications Specialist to work as a member of the Marketing & Communications team. As a member of the CITL marketing team, employees will support the mission of CITL, and serve as an academic marketing partner to promote online programs available at Illinois.
- Assist in blog and social media content creation, scheduling, and monitoring: 40%
- Review website content and maintain content inventory and updates: 30%
- Restructure existing content into an appropriate information architecture: 10%
- Work to maintain consistency in tone and experience across website: 10%
- Build and maintain content calendar and maintain deadline adherence: 10%
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams
Education required: Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
Experience Required: Minimum of one year of writing experience. Excellent communication skills.
Extra Help employment is temporary. There are no benefits and no guarantee of continuous employment.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, 2 writing samples, and 3 references to Kalee Ackerman at email@example.com by Monday, August 24th.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.