In many ways, stress can keep you motivated and hardworking, but in our busy lives, too much of it can be detrimental to our health and minds. Stress, and the anxiety it creates, can quickly overwhelm us with constant worrying, and end up distracting us from our goals. By developing ways to manage your anxieties and limit stress, you can stay organized, happy, and focused on what’s most important in your life.
Self-Help Brochures at the Counseling Center
The Counseling Center offers a wide variety of brochures free to students that attend the University. These brochures cover important topics such as:
- General and Test Anxiety
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Managing School Life and Responsibilities
- Stress Management
Visit the Counseling Center Self-Help Brochures for more information.
Attend Recognition, Insight and Openness (RIO) Online!
RIO, led by Counseling Center clinicians, provides an interactive experience that helps you:
- Learn mindfulness skills to identify why you’re feeling the emotions you are and accept them.
- Manage stress, anxiety, and other emotions productively.
- Identify what’s most important to you and prioritize accordingly.
This series is open to all Illinois students—you do not need to be a current client of the Counseling Center.
Visit the Counseling Center RIO for more information.