A well-designed online course will not only benefit students, but will help make the experience of teaching more enjoyable for the instructor. In this section, you'll find resources that will help you think through the overall design of your online course. After its completion, you will be able to:
- Apply the main principles of “backward design” to your course.
- Identify and define learning objectives.
- Create a consistent, weekly course structure.
- Develop a comprehensive syllabus.
- Connect learning objectives to course activities and assessments.
- Conceptualize your online lectures.
- Comply with copyright and accessibility standards.