An instructor can request that one or more items be omitted from the exam key, and/or that multiple responses per item should be scored as correct. Please be aware of the following:
- The scores printed on the individual sheets for students will not be accurate if there are items with multiple correct responses. They will be accurate when items are omitted.
- The test statistics and corresponding score rosters will contain accurate scores, taking into account any items with multiple responses and any omitted items.
- When item(s) are omitted, the item analysis program will contain the same test statistics as given in the score roster/test statistics program (assuming each item is worth one point). Any omitted item(s) will not appear in the individual item analyses portion of the output.
- When items are omitted, the error sheets for the students will indicate that every student "missed" the omitted item(s), and that the correct response is "X." This only maintains proper item numbering; students' test scores are correct.
- When item(s) have multiple correct responses, one of the correct responses is arbitrarily chosen for the item analysis key. Therefore, the mean printed in the test statistics by the item analysis program will be lower than the mean printed in the test statistics/score roster program.
- When item(s) have multiple correct responses, only one of the correct responses will be use when generating each student's error sheet. Therefore, if a student answers one of the correct responses not chosen, the error sheet will indicate that the item was "missed," and the total score will be incorrect.