In this situation, an instructor requested that one or more items be omitted from the exam key, and/or that multiple responses per item should be scored as correct. Note that the following conditions will occur:
- The scores printed on the answer sheets will not accurately reflect the scoring with multiple correct response items. It will be accurate when items are omitted.
- The test statistics and corresponding score rosters also will reflect the accurate scores, counting omits and multiples.
- When item(s) are omitted, the item analysis program will reflect the same test statistics as given in the score roster/test statistics program (assuming each item is worth one point). Any omitted item(s) will not appear in the individual item analyses portion of the output.
- When items are omitted, the error sheets for the students will indicate that every student "missed" the omitted item(s), and that the correct response is "X." This only maintains proper item numbering; the student's test score is correct.
- When item(s) have multiple correct responses, one of the correct responses arbitrarily is chosen for the item analysis key. Therefore, the mean printed in the test statistics from the item analysis program will be lower than the mean printed in the test statistics/score roster program.
- When item(s) have multiple correct responses, only one of the correct responses will be chosen for the student's error sheets. Therefore, if a student answers one of the correct responses not chosen, the error sheet will indicate that the item was "missed," and the total score will be incorrect.