Math is the only placement test that all new freshmen are required to take, and it is the only placement test that you can take more than once. Whether or not you are required to take any of the other placement exams depends on which College you are going into, what your academic background is, and what you chose for your intended program of study. Even if you have taken Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate tests in these subjects, you still need to take the placement exams if your College requires them. Please complete your placement testing at least two weeks prior to your New Student Registration date.Online placement testing for Spring 2021 course enrollment:
- Math placement testing is now open. Access the login link here.
- Science and "language other than English" placement testing is now open. Log in here with your NetID.
- Only new freshmen entering the Grainger College of Engineering or ACES' ABE program can log in to take the Spatial Visualization exam. The test is recommended, not required. Please select "Placement Test" when prompted for the course in which you are currently enrolled and then put "PSVT:R" to start the test.
- The English Placement Test ("the EPT") will be offered online in January 2021.
- The Written EPT will be given on January 12, 13, 14, and 18. You will choose only one of those dates when you register in advance to take the test.
- The Oral EPT will be given on January 15 and January 19. If you need to take only the Oral EPT, register here.
Not sure which placement tests you have to take? Click on the College that you have been admitted to.