Budget your time so that you can complete all of your placement tests at least two weeks before your registration date. You don't have to take all of your placement exams in one sitting. You may do one test one day and take another test another day.
- If you are a freshman, check to see which tests you are required to take. There is rarely a need to take all of them.
- If you are a transfer student, you might not need to take any.
- You can take the exams in whatever order you want.
- Once you start a test, you must complete it at that time. There is no "Save and Continue Later" feature.
- Only math allows more than one attempt.
- Detailed instructions for each test will appear before the test actually begins.
Before you start, do you ... ?
You can call us at 217-244-4437 during business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. through 5:00 p.m. Central Time) or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know your UIN.(a) Not able to log in?
- Make sure you inform the Office of Undergraduate Admissions that you accept Illinois’ offer of admission.
- Enter the correct password for your NetID. Do you need to re-set your password ?
- Try using a different browser. Firefox and Google Chrome are recommended. Safari and Internet Explorer tend to experience problems.
- Double-check your modem, cable, or DSL connection. Go wherever there is a stronger Internet connection.
(c) Missing an exam?
If you are unexpectedly disconnected in the middle of an exam (e.g., due to a thunderstorm), just email us email@example.com with the subject line reading "disconnected placement exam" and we will be happy to re-set it for you. Tell us your name, netID, which exam got disconnected, and any error message you saw.
If you logged in but you didn’t see the exam that you expected to take, it means either that you already took the exam or that you clicked into the test on an earlier occasion but exited without completing it.
- If you already took the exam, you cannot take it again. Only one attempt is allowed.
- If you entered the exam but quit before submitting answers, the computer thought you had done as much as you could and removed it from your menu options. You can email us and request that we re-set the exam for you.